Faculty members of College of Architecture attended the United Architects of the Philippines’ 46th National Convention of architects. This year’s theme was entitled Fusion – A Virtual Convergence. The architects who attended the three-day event experienced an all-out virtual convention like no other. It gathered members from all around the globe. Seminars, panel discussions, socials, and fellowship were among the activities during the three-day event.
One of the highlights of the convention was the awarding of the winners in the design competition Archinext 2021: HCG Young Designers’ Competition sponsored by HCG. The theme was Lingap: General Hospital and Extended Emergency Facility. Two groups of COA students taking up Architectural Design 6 were adjudged winners. Hazel Maturan and John Patrick Ocampo took home the 8th best entry for their design proposal Kandili. Voted as Most Popular entry was John Michael Ong, Myanne Faith Dominguez, and Cherraine Nunag for their entry Bypass. Both teams received cash prizes as well. Dean Chona Ponce, as president of the Council of Deans and Heads of Architecture Schools in the Philippines gave an inspirational talk to all the winners.
For several years now, NU has been actively joining the design competition for students. We already landed on Top 1, and several spots in Top 10 for several years.
On the last day of the convention, Dean Chona Ponce, who is an an active member and former UAP Area B Vice President, was one of the three panelists during the Culminating CPD Seminar.
Be part of the first event organized by the newly formed ACM Women in Computing Asia-Pacific Committee (ACM-W AP) https://women.acm.org/asia-pacific/ in association with National University, Manila, Philippines national-u.edu.ph, and the Computing Society of the Philippines – Special Interest Group on Women in Computing (CSP SIG-WiC).
This inaugural event will feature presentations from prominent women, researchers, educators, and professionals in the Asia-Pacific Region computing field.
Save the date and register on the link below: http://bit.ly/RegistrationACMWAP
Join us live on April 7, 2021, 9:00 AM (Manila Time) http://bit.ly/ACMWAPCelebration21
For more information, visit our website: https://acmwap2021.national-u.edu.ph
National University has engaged the payment gateway services of Paynamics Technologies Inc. to provide you with more options to pay your tuition, miscellaneous and other school fees.
1. Upon logging in to the NUIS, you will be redirected to the secure payment page of Paynamics where you may select your preferred payment option.
2. Make sure that all the data that you will provide are accurate. NU will not be liable for any incorrect details that you enter in the online payment / partner merchant’s system.
3. Biller’s name will be Paynamics Technologies Inc. or Payexpress, depending on the choice of the payment channel.
4. Fill out the Subscriber’s Name field with the student’s name.
5. For Over-the-Counter payments, a REFERENCE NUMBER will be emailed to you. Make sure that you indicate a valid and active e-mail address.
6. Upon payment, you will receive an email notification indicating the status of the payment made (If successful, pending or failed).
7. For successful payments, you will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office confirming that you are OFFICIALLY ENROLLED.
8. Your official receipt may be claimed from the Accounting Office once payment is successful.